About The Tournament
The Championships are open to all secondary schools, Further Education (FE) Colleges and Alternative Provision (AP) schools in the UK and are PC-based. Students must be aged 12+ to participate.
Overwatch (12+) is a vibrant first-person shooter. Teams of 6 pick a variety of unique heroes to achieve different map objectives, such as escort the payload and control the point.
For our new Champs format, the tournament is now year-long. Those teams who took part in the winter qualifiers will NOT need to register again – they will be automatically put through unless dropped out. Winter teams will still be able to update their roster as appropriate before roster lock. The teams from winter will be split into divisions based on their final position in the leaderboard from winter qualifiers.
New teams from brand-new schools and colleges, or additional teams from those in the winter season, can be added at this point. Due to not taking part in the winter qualifiers and not knowing their skill level, all new teams will be placed into Division 2.
Matches for all tournaments take place every Wednesday by default unless rescheduled. You will have all group stage matches given in advance, so plenty of time to organise reschedules ahead of time.
For new teams, we recommend signing up a max of one team per game, as this will allow for your school/college an easier way to learn the Champs before committing to more teams in future seasons, if desired.
How do I enter my school/college teams?
- Make sure you have registered your school/college and created an account. Only teachers/staff members can do this for their institution.
- When team registrations are open, head to the tournament page.
- Click the button “register your teams here”
- Enter your team details and rosters, then submit!
- You can edit your rosters later within your profile within your account.
What are the key dates for the tournament?
- Spring Registrations open on 30/11/2020
- Spring Registrations close on 08/01/2021
- Spring Divisions Group Stage start on 20/01/2021
- Spring Divisions Group Stage end 23/04/2021
- The Round of 16 will take place for all competitions during the week commencing 26th April. (Wednesday 28th April)
- The Quarter finals will take place for all competitions during the week commencing 3rd May. (Wednesday 5th May)
- Overwatch semi’s will take place during the week commencing 24th May.
- Grand finals for both divisions = TBC
Where can I find the rules and regulations?
Click here for the Overwatch ruleset. Click here for the general rules that apply to all tournaments in our Champs. You can also find these rules and regulations under ‘SUPPORT’ on the navigation bar.
What is the cost to enter the Championships?
The entry fee for the British Esports Championships is £25 per school for the year of 2020/21, plus £5 per team, per game, per season (+ VAT).
British Esports Championships Document